Sunday, April 21, 2013

TV Stand Game

The game goes as follows:

- Owen is playing with his toys in the middle of the floor
- He gets bored with the toys and starts to crawl towards the tv
- He stops briefly to play with the subwoofer
- He moves on to the DVDs that are stored in the left lower shelf of the tv stand.
- His goal is to play with the knobs of the DVR, surround sound, and/or DVD player. 
- At some point in this process, he ALWAYS 1) stops crawling, 2) looks right up at me, and 3) smile huge.
- I grab him sometime around the DVD stop and before he gets to the electronics.

Here are a couple of videos I shot that will show you the pattern:

 
 
 
Recently, we started saying "No" to him, and to prove how smart he is.  I said it when he got to the DVDs recently.  He stopped, looked at me, and gave me a sheepish grin, and then turned away. 
 
 
He's a smart cookie.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that right now we find this 'game' adorable, but, I'm not sure how long that will last. I'm starting to think we might be saying the word 'no' a million times over the next 4 or 5 years;).

    ReplyDelete